As you can see there are a lot of details that should be taken into account:
- is it a resume or a cold start?
- the application state should be restored?
- at which point?
- is it a “charm” request?
- is it a custom tile request?
- is it a toast notification request?
So the question should be: is my role, as app developer, to handle all those possibilities? or my role should be to handle the application business logic?
Using Radical you can forget the most part of the question above and concentrate on the cool part of your application:
- The boot process: http://radical.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=The%20boot%20process%20demystified
- WinRT peculiarities: http://radical.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=WinRT%20boot%20process%20peculiarities
Any feedback is really appreciated.